Many people love going out and getting wild on New Year’s Eve but the next day is perfect for sitting around and watching movies with a bunch of friends. New Years movies are essential for a relaxing New Years Day so it is a good thing that there are lots to choose from.
Here are some of the best New Years movies to watch while recovering from your wild New Years Eve party from the night before:
1. Waiting to Exhale – this is the movie to watch if you’re spending the day with your girlfriends. New Year’s Eve marks the beginning and the end of a journey of four women who are best friends and all the changes that occur in their lives. It’s a true chick flick that all women should watch with their best girls.
2. Poseidon (and I mean the original, not the remake!) – imagine what would happen if your New Year’s Eve party was like this! You’ll be glad you only have a hangover when you see what these people go through just to start the New Year!
3. When Harry Met Sally – feel hopeful if you’re single and worrying about going into the New Year. Harry and Sally were best friends forever and it takes them a long time to figure out that they were meant to be more than friends.
4. 200 Cigarettes – this movie will remind you of every New Year’s Eve party that you went to in the 80’s and the crazy fads and drinking and – well, it will be a walk down memory lane! It features the best young stars of the 1990’s and lots of mixed emotions.
5. Happy New Year Charlie Brown! – You can’t start the New Year off right without watching this animated classic. All those holiday commitments, a big book report, and a New Year’s Eve party at Peppermint Patty’s make this a great movie for kids and adults of all ages.